Diamond Keepsake Business Startup Kit comes with everything from our Platinum Keepsake Business Startup Kit AND Gold Keepsake Business Startup Kit (including the basic tools and PPE, 200 custom branded bead cores, a website with SEO and no monthly fees*), but you will also receive a logo and business card design voucher and branded polishing cloths to launch a keepsake business. The diamond level package includes a selection of items available from Keepsaker Supplies, tools and PPE, and a website and premium mentorship service with a recommended retail price of over £3600! Save over £1000 and have peace of mind that everything you need to start your business is included in the package.
We’ll even send you some diamond powder to add to your jewellery to give it that extra bit of sparkle!
Step one, watch Nikki’s entire playlist on YouTube here (click)! Then purchase this Diamond Keepsake Business Startup Kit
- Moulds – 2x medium bead moulds, 2x 8mm round duos, 1x 12mm round duo, 1x 16mm round duo, 1x 10mm heart duo, 2x 18mm heart duo, 1x 18x13mm teardrop duo, 1x 18x13mm oval duo,
- Bead cores (5x Breastfed With Love, 5x Forever In My Heart, 5x Always With Me, 5x blank) plus: one free “practice” core
- Rings – a selection of 10 rings with 8mm bezel cups, your choice of style and size (UK, US or EU sizes)
- Necklace and dangle charms – 2x 18mm heart necklaces, 2x10mm heart dangle charms (one European/Pandora style setting and one lobster clasp setting), 1x 12mm round necklace and 1x 16mm round necklace, 1x 18x13mm teardrop necklace, 1x 18x13mm oval necklace (all solid sterling silver 925), 10x silver 6mm domed headpins, 6x necklace chains in your choice of lengths, 1x 18mm heart necklace setting in gold vermeil
- Consumables – a black Sharpie and an Arteza whiteboard pen, a carbide burr bit for beads, 25 packs of breastmilk preservation powder, resin sparkle mix set 3ml pots, breastmilk resin sparkle mix set, one 25g and one 200g bottle of UV resin, two bottles of UV top coat, white tack, 5 dust masks, label backing paper, practice cremation ashes, Town Talk polishing cloth, cocktail sticks. Please note, we’re unable to courier resin internationally so we will replace this with something else or give you store credit if you’re not in the UK.
- Tools – rainbow carbide burr bit, 2x 1mm micro drill bits, 2x tiny measuring spoons, 2x pestle and mortars, silicone spatula, jump ring opener, hairdressing scissors, 2x ring sizers
- Silver level tools & equipment – UV lamp USB, rotary tool and accessories, rotary tool hanger and shaft, mini USB hand drill, ring sizing mandrel,
- Silver level PPE – apron, resin respirator mask, safety goggles
- Downloads – access to all of our stock images and the pricing calculator
- Four 10 minute business mentorship calls with Nikki to help you with any queries that aren’t covered by the video tutorials
- UK customer exclusive – special discounts and advice on insurance and accountancy. The insurance provider we work with provides discounts from many supplies you will use as a jeweller and small business
- Lifetime 20% off at Keepsaker Supplies (terms apply, sale items excluded etc)
- Lifetime free unrecorded shipping from Keepsaker Supplies for future orders
- 200 custom branded bead cores
- Website with built-in SEO on WooCommerce WordPress site (a basic version of this site and Nikki’s flagship store Tree of Opals), terms apply see below*
- Logo and business card design voucher
- 200 business cards from Vistaprint
- 200 branded jewellery polishing cloths to include with your orders
These are the tools and settings we have used at Tree of Opals for the past 6 years from suppliers we trust and items made in-house. For advice on making keepsake and memorial jewellery see our blogs here. The silver keepsake business startup kit is suitable for breastmilk and baby keepsake (breastmilk jewellery, first curl, placenta and umbilical, baby teeth and Christening flowers etc) but also as a memorial for your clients (cremation ashes jewellery, hair and fur, funeral flowers) and all other occasions and elements such as wedding dresses, wrapscraps, petals, earth, sand etc.
Worldwide Sourcing Guides
We provide the basic personal protective equipment or PPE (vinyl gloves and dust masks) but highly recommend that you invest in some more heavy duty equipment such as safety goggles. You can find links to buy these items in our country specific Worldwide Sourcing Guides here – including the UK, USA, Australia and Canada (more countries coming soon). You can find all the items you need to send your clients a kit for their ashes/hair/cord/breastmilk, which is something we highly recommend. The sourcing guides also give examples of office equipment such as printers and label makers, and packaging items like polishing cloths, jewellery boxes, business cards.
Platinum Keepsake Business Startup Kit Extras
You will need to provide the following yourself, these are items many people already own:
- some PPE (see above)
- sending kit components (see above) such as stamps
- order packaging supplies such as jewellery boxes
- a freezer for breastmilk
- a hob, saucepan and bowl for a bain Marie to preserve breastmilk
- a logo, social media accounts and website (Etsy do not allow breastmilk jewellery, they do allow hair and cremation ashes pieces but only for pets, not humans)
- moulds for other items you wish to sell, such as findings you purchase elsewhere
You can download the stock images after your order has been paid in full. They’re royalty-free and Creative Commons 00 so you’re free to edit and use for your own purposes but we ask you to let your clients know in the image description that they do not necessarily reflect your own work and are for guidance only. You can Photoshop in your own work if you know how. More coming soon – feel free to submit your own royalty-free CC00 images to benefit the community, so long as you are happy with no attribution required, which means that someone using the images doesn’t have to credit you for the photo.
925 Sterling EcoSilver and 935 Argentium Silver
The silver in these settings is 925 solid sterling EcoSilver. Please see our blog on Types of Solid Silver which explains the care instructions for the silver and the metal content.
Pro tip – at Tree of Opals we like to make the client two charm beads or cabochons with their elements (ashes, hair etc) at the same time. Remove both from the moulds and send the client a photo to check they’re happy and offer them a choice. Let the clients know that you will return the second one free of charge as a spare, and set their favourite with a core. Over half of our clients ask for the second charm to be set, which you may charge £20 for doing. So it’s always worth buying an extra core just in case!
To give you peace of mind we ask clients to purchase their own domain/URL and hosting plan separately. We recommend 123-reg or GoDaddy. Then simply install WordPress – this is the platform your website will run on. If you’d prefer, we can do this all for you for no extra charge. We will install lots of free “plugins” to make your site run smoother and give you a choice of “theme” to give the site a look. We will set up the following pages:
- about us
- terms and conditions and privacy and cookies policy (if you’re in the UK we can supply these, international clients please contact us for advice about them before purchase)
In the shop we will set up your basic categories, products, and attributes. We recommend if you’re offering a full spectrum of services, that you start with Breastmilk, Cremation Ash and Hair but this is completely up to you and can be changed afterwards. We will create three products for each category which you can duplicate later to add more products. That’s a total of nine product listings. Local, national and international SEO will be built in to the website. We are able to offer websites in English, Spanish, French, German, Danish, Dutch and Faroese.
What we will need from you:
- Your business name (Nikki can help with this during a Mentoring Session or you can ask for help in our Facebook group)
- Your logo for watermarking images
- Text and photos for your About Us page
- The categories and products you wish to list (for example, milk ash and hair are categories and products may be the Hannah ring, the heart necklace and a bead). They will be simple products without variations so if you wish to add attributes such as various ring sizes, colours, chain lengths or bead cores then you will need to add these later. You may find the simple look is best and clients can add a note on the checkout to tell you what colours they like
- Prices for the products, download our free pricing calculator here
Payment options – WooCommerce offer various payment types including PayPal, Stripe, Square etc. You will be responsible for adding these. The only payment option we will add will be payment by invoice, where you then ask the client to pay you with your chosen method like cheque or invoice them on PayPal etc.
Website costs and Fees
The only fee you will need to pay is external hosting, we recommend you buy this from the same place you get your domain/URL. This will increase as your site draws traffic. Other add-ons are completely optional and we find at Tree of Opals and Keepsaker Supplies we spend around £1000 a year on hosting and plugins combined for both sites in total. Plugins are things you can purchase and install to personalise your website such as adding different currencies, languages, product add-ons, checkout add-ons (the options are endless!) However, many plugins are free or at least they have a free limited-action version so you can try it out. Many are one-off purchases and can be bought as and when to suit your needs. We’re always happy to help you find a plugin within your budget – please see our blogs to follow!
Website Maintenance and Issues
This packages is for the initial web design only and does not include domains, email addresses, maintenance, backups, hosting or server issues. You will own your website entirely and can remove us as users any time you wish, and it also means we don’t have liability towards your site for maintenance. If you have an issue, you can hire your own web developer with no tie-in to us (please choose carefully and back up the site first). Or, you can choose one of our monthly website maintenance packages (coming soon) or simply book a Zoom call with Nikki or Hakun to resolve issues and learn to manage your site, or you can email us for a quote for work that needs to be done. You will be given a mobile number for emergencies (WhatsApp available) in case of out of hours issues and we can invoice you if you agree to the fees on the call (£20 per hour during office hours, £40 per hour out of office hours unless previously agreed call time).
Most hosting plans get more expensive the more traffic and larger your website. We can also offer hosting, usually matching any rates currently available. Just contact us for a quote.
Costing Keepsake Jewellery
Over at Tree of Opals we sell charm beads with hair for around £70 (80EUR/85USD/120CAD/130AUD appx) and sets of them down to around £50, plus occasionally up to 30% off for large family orders, wholesale (funeral homes and crematoria, I used to do 30% off for 10 pieces or more for a breastfeeding group) or black Friday deals etc. The very cheapest I would sell a charm bead for would be £25 as a mystery piece/mystery order addon or for someone who wanted a second charm bead set when you’ve already made two. The profit margin on that is high enough to cover my overheads (websites, payment processing fees, my admin manager, moulds etc) and support my family.
Of course, you can sell charms for £15, and I have seen them that low, but only with silver plated cores. Clients will happily pay extra for a solid silver setting on any piece. We also sell glue-in charm inserts and a set is a little less expensive but they do not fit all the way through the core and will need to be glued in. This will take longer and occasionally they can fall out. These cores provide the most professional option and will set your business above others using glue-ins.
Use the free pricing calculator to work out the prices you need to charge. You may wish to employ an accountant or you can download our free UK tax
RRP Prices are a guide and correct at the point of publishing!
[pricing_table columns=”5″ alignment=”left”][pricing_column id=”BronzeStartupKit” title=”Bronze” features=”RRP £1200 | £140 of Moulds | £230 of Bead Cores | £470 of Settings | £380 of Consumables and Tools | ” image=”false” highlight=”false”][pricing_column id=”SilverStartupKit” title=”Silver” features=”RRP £1400 | £140 of Moulds | £230 of Bead Cores | £470 of Settings | £330 of Consumables | £250 of Tools | ” image=”false” highlight=”false”][pricing_column id=”GoldStartupKit” title=”Gold” features=”RRP £2350 | £140 of Moulds | £230 of Bead Cores | £470 of Settings | £330 of Consumables | £250 of Tools | £950 of Custom Bead Cores” image=”false” highlight=”false”][pricing_column id=”PlatinumStartupKit” title=”Platinum” features=”RRP £2400 | £140 of Moulds | £230 of Bead Cores | £470 of Settings | £330 of Consumables | £250 of Tools | £1000 Website” image=”false” highlight=”true”][pricing_column id=”DiamondStartupKit” title=”Diamond” features=”RRP £3650 | £140 of Moulds | £230 of Bead Cores | £470 of Settings | £330 of Consumables | £250 of Tools | £950 of Custom Bead Cores | £1000 Website| £300 Branding” image=”false” highlight=”false”][/pricing_table]