Advanced Memorial Jewellery Course, for new and experienced artists alike and anyone wanting to learn new ideas and techniques. On completion of this course you will receive a Memorial Jewellery Diploma certificate you can download and print, plus a physical copy will be mailed out to you signed in person by Nikki Kamminga with a wax seal of authenticity.
This course will give you an excellent head-start for launching your own business. You’ll learn the main techniques for working with cremation ashes, locks of hair and fur. Learn the difference between using glass and different kinds of resin, adding other elements like sentimental fabric, umbilical cord and placenta, birthstones and sparkles. The modules cover direct pours, making stones, spheres and beads, then setting each kind of jewellery in metal. We teach you basic silversmithing and mould making, selling DIY kits, and how to sell and market your jewellery. The course also covers how to set up a business, work from home or a studio and multitasking. At the end of the course after completing the course work you should be ready to begin your journey making and selling memorial and keepsake jewellery and know how to access suppliers and resources, as well as joining our Facebook Group where the community will help you.
I can’t promise you a successful business, you will need to put time and effort into making this work but we’re here for you every step of the way. Please fill in the contact form below if you have any questions about the course or click Contact Us to find our social media and email address.
Advanced Memorial Jewellery Course Supplies
You can purchase the Basic Memorial Jewellery Supplies Bundle here if you don’t already have most of the supplies, or you can buy them separately, plus you will need a few more items listed underneath. To complete this course the minimum you will need is
- Moulds – 2x medium bead moulds, 1x8mm round duo, 1x 10x8mm oval duo, 1x 16mm round duo, 1x 18mm heart duo and 1x 11mm sphere mould
- Rings – a selection of 3 rings with any bezel cups, your choice of style and size (UK, US or EU sizes)*
- Necklace and dangle charm settings – 1x 18mm crown heart, 1x 10mm heart bezel, 1x 8mm round bezel, 1x 16mm round bezel, 1x 8x6mm teardrop bezel (ideal for necklaces and dangle charms) and 1x 13x9mm teardrop bezel, 1x silver 6mm domed headpin, 2x necklace chains in your choice of lengths**, 2x mini dangle charm bails for Chamilia and Pandora style bracelets and 2x 11mm carabiner clasps for Links of London and Thomas Sabo style bracelets.
- Bead cores – 1x Forever In My Heart, 1x Always With Me, and 1x Blank core
- Consumables – an Ultra Fine Black Sharpie, 5x resin sparkle mix 5ml refills, 60g UV resin, some sandpaper, 1x white tack, 10x dust masks, label backing paper, 1x Town Talk polishing cloth, 200x cocktail sticks, 120x sending pots, 5x sparkle applicators, 5x 5ml spoons
- Tools – 1x tiny measuring spoon, 2x pestle and mortar, a silicone spatula, 1x jump ring opener, 2x hairdressing scissors, one pair of lock of hair tweezers, 1x plastic ring sizer set and 1x UV pen light
- Downloads – access to all of our stock images, sending instruction templates, premium downloads and the pricing calculator
- UK customer exclusive – special discounts and advice on insurance and accountancy. The insurance provider we work with provides discounts from many supplies you will use as a jeweller and small business
- You can arrange two free 15min video or phone calls with Nikki to set some business goals and troubleshoot later on
- We will send you some donated preserved dried milk to practice with
- practice cremation ashes from a horse, plus cat fur and human hair
Optional and Recommended
- Epoxy resin if you want to try it
- Jesmonite, if you want to try it for larger pieces instead of epoxy
- Ring sizing stick
- a resin respirator mask
- a pearl drill if you want to make sphere necklaces
There are 126 lessons (at the time of writing)
You do not need to take our free basic memorial jewellery course first but graduates are welcome and will find much more content in this course. The basic course contains 33 lessons and you can take them to get an idea of how the content is shown, but please remember the advanced course lessons are longer, and many of the lessons contain assignments or a quiz.
Shipping covers the posting of your course certificate at the end!
Please note that at present, the course is not accredited and you will not receive a recognised qualification, however you will receive an Advanced Memorial Jewellery Making Diploma which is recognised within the industry. You will receive a diploma (certificate) in digital format as well as a posted diploma with a wax seal signed by Nikki.