Inkless Wipe Kits for taking 2D prints including fingerprints, handprints, footprints, paw prints, nose prints, hoof prints and any other object you want to capture in an extremely detailed image. Learn here how to do handprint engraving jewellery (more detail coming soon – watch this space) including choosing a client’s ring, pendant or bead washer and ordering our image engraving service.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions and FAQ page before ordering.
Using an Inkless Wipe Kit
This set comes with detailed instructions on taking a print: be sure to tell clients the wipes are not supposed to be wet! We also highly recommend you also give them your own printed instructions so we have inclueded a free PDF download with this product, and you can download all of our sending templates here!
You can include them in a sending kit. Find out more about sending kits, what to include and what to buy here in How To Make Sending Kits. It’s very important to send the client a bag labelled with their name and order number, in case they can’t send a photograph of the print and need to post back an original. Please make sure they always keep one back in case it’s lost in the post. If they’re taking prints from more than one person or pet, it can help to write the contents on the side. For example, bag 1 “Ahmed’s handprint for engraved ring” and bag 2 “Eliza’s noseprint metal clay necklace”. If clients can send in photos that’s much better and easier to refer to but include the bag just in case.
If you’re making an engraved ring, don’t forget to send them a ring sizer with the inkless wipe kit, and for wider bands let them know you recommend they go a size larger than they measure at. Please note, the inkless wipe kit may be folded over for transport, this does not affect use. It will fit in a large letter envelope sending kit.
If your client doesn’t manage to get their loved one’s hand or paw prints, we are happy to add emoji prints as part of text engraving free of charge like this
Inkless Wipe Instructions
- Do not open the wipe until you are ready to use it. Once opened it can be used a few times but will quickly become less effective.
- The inkless wipe is NOT a wet wipe. It will feel quite dry to the touch – this is normal.
- If you are using the wipe on a small child, it is best to do so when they are in a calm mood, distracted or asleep.
- Ensure that the body part being printed is clean and dry.
- Place the special paper on a hard surface, for example a hard back book or a tray. Lightly taping the corners can help to stop the paper moving about.
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure the slightly glossy surface of the special paper is facing upwards – nothing will happen if the paper is the wrong way up. (If no prints appear, quickly turn the paper over, re-apply the wipe and try again).
- If you are the person applying the wipe, DO NOT touch the paper after you have held the wipe as your prints will appear! Either ask someone to apply the wipe for you or make sure the paper is ready before you apply the wipe. Wash your hands before handling the paper.
- Remember, when opened the inkless wipe will feel quite dry to the touch – this is normal.
- Wipe over the area being printed – not too much, just enough to make sure the entire surface to be printed is covered.
- For footprints – Hold the child’s ankle and press gently but firmly onto the special paper rolling it from heel to toes. Hold for 5 – 10 seconds then move the foot straight up and away from the paper.
- For handprints – This can be tricky with babies as it is hard to uncurl their fingers so is best carried out when they are sleeping. Roll hand from base of palm to fingers onto the special paper whilst holding the fingers uncurled. Hold for 5 – 10 seconds then move the hand straight up and away from the paper. This will be easier with another person helping.
- The image will appear and darken over a few minutes. This can be considerably longer for the blue and pink wipes.
- As with all prints the image will smudge if the paper or body part moves whilst the print is being taken. Excessive pressure will result in a darker print with less detail.
- Wash hands and feet with soap and water.
The prints may eventually discolour or fade if exposed to sunlight. To preserve the prints you can scan or photocopy them allowing you the option to display the copy and keep the original safe. We advise you to store a set of prints away from your home in case of fire or flood.
Avoid contact with eyes. If this occurs rinse with copious amounts of water. If irritation persists seek medical attention. Protect clothes and furnishing, solution may stain some materials. Please retain this leaflet for future reference.
If you have any questions please email us on email@example.com or get in touch on our Facebook page Keepsaker Supplies (click here).
This page contains affiliate links meaning we may receive a small amount of commission based on your purchases with no extra cost to yourself.