Solid silver 18mm heart necklace setting and option to create a kit. Includes a jump ring already attached so all you need to do is add a necklace chain and your resin heart. Does not include ashes etc or chain as shown in the pictures. Please note, this is the new style scalloped edge necklace setting (not the previous open-backed crown point setting), see below for further details!
Making A Heart Necklace
You can purchase the pendant setting by itself, it’s perfect for use with our 18mm heart moulds. Please let me know in the comments when you order if you’d like a patina (antique effect) applied, this is no extra charge. The rest of the kit contents are listed below if you’d like to buy it all separately and this can be more cost-effective if you’re making pieces professionally or making several for family members. We include a single mould with the kits but it’s easier to make two hearts at once to offer your client a choice, so you may wish to purchase the double mould. You may want to order the complete set of resin sparkle mix blends, and other supplies, a pack of cocktail sticks, and larger bottles of resin for example.
New Heart Necklace Setting
This scalloped edge heart necklace setting has been designed by hand by our owner, Nikki, and is perfect for breastmilk and keepsake jewellery. They are more subtle than the previous crown point design, but you can still purchase 18mm crown point hearts here from Israel on Etsy. Our new design features
- designed by hand by owner Nikki with resin jewellery in mind
- anti-tarnish 935 solid silver setting, higher purity than sterling!
- solid back suitable for engraving (coming soon)
- higher quantity of smaller scalloped points which should be be rubbed over to secure the resin heart cabochon in place, providing a secure grip on the cabochon
- easy to push over points, very strong and not brittle
- the resin heart can be removed and replaced by lifting the scalloped points if the customer scratches their resin cabochon
- comes with a removable secure sterling silver jump ring
If you’d like to buy this necklace setting as a kit you’ll receive:
- 1 x new scalloped edge 18mm heart necklace setting with jump ring
- single 18mm heart cabochon mould
- a dust mask
- 1x pair of vinyl gloves
- 3 cocktail sticks
- resin sparkle mix sample (random colour)
- 10g bottle of UV resin
- some sandpaper
- label backing paper here
- 1x sachet Milky Mama Magic Dust™ & PDF downloadable instructions for preserving breastmilk with it (breastmilk kit only)
You can also request some practice ashes here. You’ll need to provide yourself (not included):
- an epoxy resin starter kit or a gel nail lamp
- your clients’ elements and any additional sparkles and dried petals
- a curved burnisher tool (if possible)
Learn how to make a cremation ashes heart necklace with our video, the full blog is here with all the supplies you’ll need
18mm Heart Necklace Setting Size
Size: 19x21mm (fit stone approximately 18x16mm), jump ring is 6mm, 1mm thick.
You can choose to include a single compatible heart mould or add a double 18mm heart cabochon mould here. Please note the sizing info in the description!
Heart Necklace Chain
Although this kit doesn’t include a chain, we sell some necklace chains here (click) and you can purchase the length you need according to your client’s preferences. You might want to buy in some inexpensive 20″/50cm lightweight chains to include free of charge with necklaces as clients will usually expect a chain. We found on Tree of Opals that even if we advertised a piece as not including a chain, we used to still receive complaints that one was not included. I doubt many people will read this and we will get complaints about the lack of chain but I want to give you the option to purchase them locally inexpensively or upsell your clients to a premium chain. You can usually get chains from local suppliers such as Cookson Gold (UK), Rashbel (Israel) and Rio Grande (USA) or buy a silver necklace chain here on Etsy. We find you can make a little extra income from upselling chain upgrades and other accessories and ensure that your client has a strong, sturdy chain according to their needs.
Breastmilk necklaces we would definitely always advise are upsold to stronger chains as many people ordering breastmilk jewellery will have babies and toddlers who will try to grab them! Just make sure that your client knows the necklaces are not child-safe, should be worn with care and common sense and not used as fiddle beads/teething jewellery! I tried to always make the difference between breastmilk jewellery and breastfeeding jewellery clear!
This page contains affiliate links meaning that if you purchase we may earn a small commission, with no extra cost to yourself.